Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oops! I didn't mean to say that!



Do you ever find yourself in a situation that just gets worse because of the stuff that spews out of your mouth? Its even harder when the words are aimed at you, but they just didn't come out right. That happened to me a little while ago.

I had just finished my fourth Psychopathology paper, and with the build up of stresses, someone i love called me Psycho. Now, I know Psycho. I just wrote 4 papers on the Psychology of Psycho! But, as we are human, before I came up with a logical and polite response, I just apted to shortness and said goodbye.

Oops, I guess we both didn't mean to say that! Just letting it be didn't help, not to mention the entire ordeal was over the phone so that makes it even more difficult to remedy.

So, What did I do? I sent a text... in an attempt to make things "better."

I haven't gotten a response yet, but you know how that is. Always a feeling of suspense that can lead to unrealisitic or untrue assumptions regarding the other persons behavior.

Next time, I'm using a video phone! (If only conflicts were that simple.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Share your mind!