Monday, September 29, 2008

Grabbing Life by the Horns



"Do you ever find your self encountered by a situation that causes the necessity of "Grabbing Life by the Horns?" -much like the slogan of Dodge cars.

Sometimes, you just have to make a decision and do what you must to ensure important things are accomplished. I did that last night. I'm doing that today, but tomorrow, I'm going to relax! I probably didn't go to bed until almost three in the morning. I was going to pull and "all-nighter" but I took a break/nap on the couch and decided that my bed was much more comfortable. How about that? I guess that wasn't grabbing like by the horns then, but it didn't matter because I finished two papers and already had a pretty good sense of accomplishment for the day.

This week, I am going to visit Jon. I don't have the money, I don't know how I am going to get there or how much it is going to cost, but I'm leaving on Thursday. Talk about initiative! Once I work out the small details, everything else will be a piece of cake. All I will have to worry about would be whether or not to pack a bathing suit. :-)

Some would call that an ill-executed plan, others would call it stupidity, but I'm calling it initiative today. I deserve it. Writing 12 papers constitutes for a reward. Jon even said I could fly first class if I wanted to. I don't know about all that though. Most first class seating arrangements just consist of better food and a little more leg room. I'm fine with my pretzels and window seat, thank you.

so, tomorrow comes the BIG turn in, and Thursday...VACATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Share your mind!