Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stronger than you think

You have an inherent strength within you. We all do. Sometimes we shrink back under the weight of the "what ifs" or seemingly impossible circumstances of our lives, but we were never meant to. We brush issues under the rug; wait until someone stronger comes along to handle things, but guess what? YOU CAN! If we would only use our God given strength and take courage in our lives, our dreams would be in our hands. This is so much more than physical strength.

Did you know that you are strong enough to get out of that abusive relationship? You ARE strong enough to heal from death and loss. You are strong enough to get healthy and run a marathon if YOU want to! You are strong enough to say the hard words you are waiting for someone else to say first- to put yourself out there and be vulnerable. Strong enough to face possible rejection. You are strong enough to succeed, strong enough to thrive! Strong enough to admit that you were wrong. Strong enough to let go of that addiction. Strong enough to re-write your story.

A matter of strength arose last week when I decided to tackle the mountain of overgrown trees and bushes in my front yard. Our house had been sitting on the market for over a year and the mess in this yard was the aftermath. Eek! Subconsciously, I think I was waiting for my husband to get in there and hack out a play area for the kids. Then I thought "shoot, I could be waiting till my kids are in high school. Why don't I just do it?!" I went to the yard with a sawzall, shears, a bow saw and got to work. Man, did I get to work! I think I lost about five pounds that day just working the ground that God blessed me with... and you know what? It was amazing! In the beginning, God said "Get yer yard and subdue it!" Ok I'm definitely paraphrasing, but I brought those pines to their knees! Woo hoo! I felt so alive! I felt so strong. I felt like me!

 Because of my hard work in the yard, my dreams are finally within reach. I can already envision the wooden benches that will rest on the edges of the plush green grass the kids will play on for hours. I can almost smell the fragrant blooms that will grace the pathway to the wrought iron gate. I can see us entertaining friends in the moonlight while we discuss the more genteel matters of life. I can see bonfires blazing, holiday lights lining the trees, memories being made- all because I believed in myself and put my strength into action.

Love, what dreams are at your fingertips? You WILL reach them if you use your God-given strength to move. To thrive! It's YOUR promise! It's in your DNA! Daniel 11:32 says "The people of God will display power and take action." Do you know who you are? Then, it's your turn.

Love,

-Mel

Ps. Please subscribe! I have so much to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Share your mind!