Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Next Big thing

I'm frustrated. I'm stuck wanting the "Next Big thing" to happen in my life. Maybe its a awesome business ideal, a multi-million dollar invention or winning a sweepstakes. It frustrates me that I equate money and joy when I see people all of the time who have tons of money and are miserable. Maybe I'm thinking about how our car could die... but I don't remind myself enough that we got it for free. Or maybe I recall how I haven't purchased new clothes in years ad have tons of holes in mine... at the same time I often fail to recall the person who made my tattered jeans possibly earns 9 cents a day for making them... or think about the millions of people around the world with no clothes at all. I just wish our society didn't make you feel bad for looking less than- because for me, accepting the "less than" puts my heart at ease because today, I'd rather appear less than and give all the money that I would have spent on a shopping spree to the poor. The irony is that I have to go spend money on new jeans anyway because in my society, I can't walk around naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Share your mind!