Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Real Love

290px-Cristo_Redentor_-_Rio

So, I was doing some thinking about love. You know, Jesus loved unconditionally, compassionately...completely.

We love marginally, conditionally and many times through gritted teeth- inevitably reluctantly. You may beg to differ, but I'm speaking from experience.

Nevertheless, love makes me think of communion. You know- the communion Jesus had with the disciples in the upper room. The more I know about those disciples, I realize that true communion was not just for the righteous. We have all sinned.

What gets me is that Christ knew the sins of those who sat around the table with Him during the last supper. He even pointed out the sins of some and told them that He knew! But ya know what? He didn't dismiss himself from the table. Why? Because He loved completely. He simply wanted to sup with them. He wanted them to understand the depth of His love and the imperative reality of His impending sacrifice.

His actions were saying : No matter what, I'm not giving up on you. My death proves my commitment to your process of healing and salvation. I want you to be free to love as I love... to love as freely and as completely as I live.

I just thought that was deep. Although for some, the words spoken here may be obvious or even redundant, but I'd be remiss if I forget of the love of Christ- if my heart becomes calloused and it no longer aches when I consider the reality of the depth of Christ's love.

I just wanted to share that with you. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Share your mind!