Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm feelin it. Are you?

lights

Do you ever get that feeling when you know something big is about to happen? Through all the ups and downs of life, many of us hold on to this hope... a faith that things will be better- much better than they were before? Well, I've been having a little of that feeling lately. As you know, change never comes without the loss of something important to some degree.

Last week, I found out that I am moving to Las Vegas. That's pretty cool, I guess. I mean, I 've never been there before, and the only definitive picture of the place that I have in my head is a hot sandy desert with a strip in the middle... and an airforce base somewhere nerby. There will be a lot of changes there for me, and right now I'm in that "hurry up and wait" stage of moving. In the meantime, I will have to be separated from Jon again! For about 5 months while he trains for his new job.

Although it will be tough, I'm pretty excited to go, and I definitely feel a change inside of me. I'm not the same as I was when I left Minneapolis. I've grown a bit- no matter how short of a time I've been away. I've acquired some very valuable friendships. I don't regret a minute of my time here... and now all I can do is continue to feel the anticipation- and the pangs of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Share your mind!